1 Year Term Position
Marysville Operating Center, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Competition # E19429-2021
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We’re committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we’re New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 400,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
NB Power is seeking to fill a one-year term Utility Arborist. As part of the Vegetation Management team, the Utility Arborist is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of aerial lift trucks, wood chippers, chainsaws, and other arborist equipment while pruning and removing vegetation around energized power lines.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operating aerial lift device to perform vegetation management on Distribution power lines for planned work, unplanned work (storms and trouble calls) and work permits.
- Tree climbing and rigging to perform vegetation management on Distribution power lines for planned work, unplanned work (storms and trouble calls) and work permits.
- Performing all other tasks of vegetation management around Distribution power lines including but not limited to traffic control, ground support, dealing with customers, and travelling for work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of the Maritime College of Forest Technology (MCFT) Utility Arborist Program or equivalent.
- Certified Chainsaw Operator.
- Hazard Tree Rigging / Removal, Bucket Evacuation and Extrication training through ArborCanada or equivalent.
- Electrical Arboricultural Safety (Green Card).
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ license with Air Brake Endorsement and good driving record.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working aloft pruning and removing vegetation around energized power lines.
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your degree/diploma/certificate are attached to your online application.
NB Power will accept foreign credentials as long as they are considered acceptable by a recognized Canadian educational institution. Candidates with foreign education credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Any applicable fees are the responsibility of the candidate. For more information, you may refer to the Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials at Canadian Information Centre of International Credentials: https://www.cicic.ca/1374/obtain_an_academic_credential_assessment_for_general_purposes.canada
In order to be considered for this employment opportunity you must be eligible to work in Canada.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Geoff Cowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, August 29, 2021
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity